Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Living after Graduation

I look at my blog, and I realize that I haven't written one in far too long. I mostly started the blog so that friends from college could stay some what updated on my life in MO for the summer, traveling in Europe by myself and then while I was studying at Oxford in Spring 2008. Once I got back to APU I was with those that I had mostly been writing the blogs for, so I stopped writing.

I thought that I should start up again, since I am not with those people that mean the most to me in the world, particularly my girls from APU. If you're reading this you probably know that I'm working with Invisible Children right now, and I wanted to tell you about it. Then I realized there is so much since my last blog I could talk about....but...I won't. There is too much! All I will say is that I GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE!!!

I can't really begin to say what that was like. The only word that comes to mind still, is surreal! College flew bye, and I honestly feel like this is just another summer so far. We said our goodbyes, and we all do our own thing for a few months, and then we come back together....right? Well, no. Not this time. My head knows this, but my heart is still disconnected from this reality I believe. Besides this surreal feeling of being a college graduate, I know that I am so incredibly lucky to have made such amazing girlfriends. Even if we aren't all together again at APU in the fall for classes, I know that all of our paths are going to overlap, and connect, somehow, someway...and some WHERE! =) I love these 9 girls!! XoXo

!!INVISIBLE CHILDREN***
Ok, so the update that I wanted to share before I went off on a tangent, as always, I must refocus! ;) As you probably know I am a Summer Roadie for Invisible Children (IC). Funny thing? Go back and read my August blog, and in it I mention how I met some Roadies from IC at Warped Tour when I was with Murf, and I say casually "Maybe I should do that next summer" lol who would've thought I would actually be doing it? Not me! I am not going to be touring on Warped Tour this summer, but I will be traveling in the south east! Who doesn't love southern hospitality and cooking?!? I got here May 31st and it has been a crazy ride since then! In a nutshell, I have been living in a house very much like one you have perhaps seen on Real World: co-ed, roughly 30 people, maybe more, not too sure. All in one house, sharing little space. This in itself is an experience!

In the last week and a half we have been training like none other, to get us ready to go on tour. We launch, which means we all peace out of San Diego for our particular regions this Thursday afternoon, in 2 DAYS!! My team consists of 4 people, Annie-she's from Virgina, Cory-from Louisiana, and Brian-who's from Oklahoma! The four of us are going to be with one another 24 hours a day/7 days a week for 5 weeks straight! I'm thinking we are going to get close! =) And I'm really excited for that.

I have met lots of great people, interns, other roadies, as well as staff- it really is so wonderful to be a part of this organization and all these lovely people. O and there has been plenty of fun stuff that's gone on amidst the crazy training days- in case you were wondering! For example; this last Friday night we went to a "Future" themed party!! So much fun, just getting ready for it-just check out the pic and you can tell!

Spent a beautiful Saturday at Ocean Beach and I went to Sea World with a couple of amazing girls on Sunday. I could def spend time getting to know San Diego, but the road calls! We will have some time after tour, for de-briefing, to be here again. But this is it for now, the update. Wanted to some before we launched, who knows when/where we will have Internet. Most of our screenings are at summer camps and at churches, it's going to be lovely, I feel it! =) And my uniform? IC apparel! If I'm wearing it, you can buy it at the merch table-makes getting ready that much easier!


12:07 pm now-I'm off to bed! Big day tomorrow-so next time you hear from me...I'll be in the SOUTH EAST!!! o ya...=)

1 comment:

Will said...

hey are you still in the south east? i had to check your blog to see what youve been up to. im in alabama, let me know if youre still around here!