Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Session 1**almost done




Well it has now been 3 weeks of campers and we have one week left. I will have been working with the animals and caring for them for 5 weeks! And guess what? NO ONE HAS DIED! Animal or person, no serious injury either. Yay! So the first week was all persons over 21 with disabilities, second week was all persons in wheel chairs and this last week this last week was autistic week and it was CRAZY! But wow so entertaining. There were also a lot of kids with down syndrome. I seem to fall in love every week with at least 2 campers. Term two was Joey, the cutest little boy you ever did see! This camp is truly a heaven to the campers that come here. So it is always hard to say bye, one cuz we miss them, but two because they share how most people outside of camp (other than family) treat them, or really how they DON'T treat them.

I was suppose to be a Wrangler for the second half of the summer, which starts July 5th-August 15th. And to be honest, I was dreading that, I was really praying God would open the door to some other job at camp that didn't involve animals. =) Again, great experience, but not my thing. And God totally answered my prayers. The manager at camp offered me the "Runner" position. So I will be the picker-upper of camp. I will be the one making Wal-Mart runs almost everyday to get..whatever campers need, like meds and such. I also will be picking up campers from the airport and driving them back. So 5 more days with animals and THAT'S IT! =) I should hopefully have more free time next session, which I'll use to hang out with the cabins, go to activities with them. They offer so much at this camp it's fantastic!

O and exciting! I am going to Walt Disney World from June 30th-July 5th! My dad is flying me from MO to FL and I am meeting up with him, Sarah, Lee, Craig and Chris! I'm so excited I can't even tell you! It is THE perfect break I need, family and Disney! Can't get any better! =) Well that's all for now. XoXoXo Thanks for caring enough to read my rabbles! ;) O and I failed to mention, we have parties EVERY night, different themes too! This pic is from Game Show Night, I was Vanna White, that girl from Wheel of Fortune! Much fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you!

Brooke said...

I hope you keep this going while you're in Oxford... I found this while looking at Damaris' blog, by the way, not real stalking, not really... :)

drive safe through arkansas...