Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Suburbia


FIRST BLOG! Sitting in our new, empty house in El Dorodo Hills. For the past week this has been my home. Sleeping on a Thermarest on the floor, with nothing in the house but a dining table and my parent's bedroom set. I have seen one episode of Desperate Housewives and this neighborhood in Sacramento reminds me of the place known as Wisteria Lane. Cookie-cutter houses, big parks, young, good looking families with adorable children and dogs. It is a very well kept area. Also, very white. Not somewhere I would want to one day live, but it works for my mom and Al. I might be living here next summer, we shall see.

I am leaving for the airport in about 5 hours! Then off to Camp Barnabas in MO. I'm anxious. I am so excited to get there, to meet new people, prepare for the kids, work with horses. I'm nervous though, I don't know much about horses. At dinner tonight Al told me about a friend of his who was killed by a horse while he was cleaning it! =( Cool....haha I'm stoked to work alongside the kids at this camp though!

I won't be able to use my phone OR go online, except once a week, or maybe it's every two weeks. So...what should you do? WRITE ME!
Amanda James
C/O Camp Barnabas
Rt. 2 Box 131
Purdy, MO 65734
Well, this is adios for now my friends. I will be somewhere in MO next time you hear from me. ;)



2 comments:

Brenda said...

Great job Amanda! So glad you have a blog now. I will be watching for new posts.

I always thought El Dorado Hills was like Desperate Housewives. . . or the Stepford Wives, haha. So plastic! But I like it anyway :)

Rebecca said...

Yes, the DEFINATELY looks like El Dorado Hills!!!!